- Ficus Petiolaris aka The Rock Fig gets its name from growing roots over rocky areas in search of soil.
- This plant is a perfect bonsai specimen and can easily produce a swollen trunk.
- Newly emerged leaves are bright green with pink veins. As the leaf ages the colours intensify.
- In the ground Ficus Petiolaris can grow to a tree. In pots, they rarely reach over 2m.
Position & Care
- Ficus Petiolaris prefers a very bright shade, ideally with a bit of sun coming through.
- The potting mix should be kept moist but not soggy.
- For a nice, large plant, re-pot into a bigger pot every year and feed with a slow-release fertilizer throughout the growing season.
- Ficus Petiolaris is ideal for pots.
- Fantastic Bonsai specimen.
- Plants are sent semi-bare rooted (no pot, but we will keep some potting mix/coco coir/ sphagnum moss on the roots to prevent it from drying out).
- The root system will be sufficiently developed.
- The plant is displayed in a 10 cm pot.
- The plant will be same/similar to the plant in the photo.
- Plants are sent on Mondays and Tuesdays, so they arrive before the weekend.
- Due to restrictions, we cannot post plants to WA, NT or TAS.
- All plants are for sale in Australia only.
- Click here for more information about shipping.
- Please choose your plant carefully as we do not provide refunds if you simply change your mind. Read our Refund Policy
- If you have any questions about Ficus Petiolaris or any of our other plants online, please do not hesitate to contact us.