Mini Sempervivum Tectorum
- Sempervivum Tectorum 'Hen and Chicks' is a large growing succulent.
- Single heads grow to approximately 20 cm in diameter, in the right conditions. Clumps measure larger.
- The leaves are bright green in colour with red tips which turn crimson red in the cooler months and/or when the plant is stressed.
- Chicks appear a couple of times throughout the year and if left attached, will form a dense clump of tight rosettes.
Position & Care
- Sempervivum Tectorum can burn in summer heatwaves and may need to be protected, though well-established plants should be fine.
- Will grow in full sun in autumn, winter and spring.
- In the ground this plant is quite self-sufficient, once established. Water only in prolonged droughts.
- In pots water frequently in summer, but let the soil dry up between watering again.
- Likes free draining potting mix.
- Looks fantastic in pots, on its own or, as a part of an arrangement.
- Can be planted around edges of a garden, or in rockeries.
- The large rosettes look beautiful mass planted in succulent gardens.
- Plants are sent bare rooted (without pot or soil).
- The root system will be sufficiently developed.
- The plant will have been growing in a 5 cm pot.
- The plant will be small and approximately 5 cm in diameter.
- Plants are sent on Mondays and Tuesdays, so they arrive before the weekend.
- Due to restrictions, we cannot post plants to WA, NT or TAS.
- Click here for more information about shipping.
- Please choose your plant carefully as we do not provide refunds if you simply change your mind. Read our Refund Policy
- If you have any questions about Sempervivum Tectorum, please do not hesitate to contact us.