Sempervivum ‘Winter Red’
- Green leaves of Sempervivum Winter Red turn bright red from the centre in autumn and winter.
- Single heads grow to approximately 10 cm in diameter, clumps measure larger.
- Chicks appear a couple of times throughout the year and if left attached, they’ll form a dense clump.
- If chicks are removed the mother plant can grow to approximately 15 cm in diameter.
Position & Care
- This plant can burn in the hottest days of summer and should be protected.
- Will grow in full sun in autumn, winter and spring
- In the ground this plant is quite self-sufficient, once established. Water only if it hasn't rained for a few weeks.
- In pots water frequently in summer, but let the soil dry up before watering again.
- Likes free-draining potting mix.
- Looks fantastic in pots, on its own or as a part of an arrangement.
- Can be planted around edges of a garden, or in rockeries. The clumps look spectacular when 'spilt' over
- Due to the flat growing habit, it is a great choice for succulent topiaries.
- Plants are sent bare rooted (without pot or soil).
- The root system will be sufficiently developed.
- The plant will have been growing in 10 cm pot or larger.
- The plant will be at least 8 cm in diameter.
- Plants are sent on Mondays and Tuesdays, so they arrive before the weekend.
- Due to restrictions, we cannot post plants to WA, NT or TAS.
- Click here for more information about shipping.
- Please choose your plant carefully as we do not provide refunds if you simply change your mind. Read our Refund Policy
- If you have any questions about Sempervivum Winter Red, please do not hesitate to contact us.