Asplenium Australasicum 'Bird's Nest Fern'
- A species of epiphytic fern native to Australia.
- The green, sword-like leaves create a rosette, with new leaves growing from the centre.
- Spores appear on the underside of the leaves.
- In the ground, this plant can grow to over a metre in height and can form large clumps.
Position & Care
- Grows well outdoors in part shade to full shade. Should be kept out of direct sunlight, especially in summer.
- Fantastic indoor plant/house plant.
- For best results, water frequently as the plant is prone to tip browning in the absence of water.
- Plant in well-draining potting mix as it can rot when waterlogged.
- A fantastic pot plant for both indoors (bright spot) and outdoors.
- Can be used in hanging baskets.
- Creates a tropical feel in shade gardens.
- Plants are sent bare rooted (without pot or soil).
- The root system will be sufficiently developed.
- The plant will have been growing in a 10 cm pot or larger.
- The plant will be at least 8 cm with fonds approximately 10 cm tall.
- Plants are sent on Mondays and Tuesdays, so they arrive before the weekend.
- Due to restrictions, we cannot post plants to WA, NT or TAS.
- All plants are for sale in Australia only.
- Click here for more information about shipping.
- Please choose your plant carefully as we do not provide refunds if you simply change your mind. Read our Refund Policy
- If you have any questions about the bird's nest fern or any of our other plants online, please do not hesitate to contact us.