- Begonia Maculata hybrids are popular shade plants due to the shiny, polka-dot leaves.
- This is not Wightii, but a hybrid.
- The leaf shape has earned this plant the nickname 'Angel Wings'.
- The leaves are green white dots on the top side and reddish on the underside.
- Pink flowers appear randomly throughout the year.
- This plant is listed as toxic to humans and pets if eaten.
Position & Care
- Begonia Maculata likes a humid and warm environment.
- A bright but shaded spot is essential. Begonias will not grow well in dark rooms.
- To help it along, mist every few days (this is not essential).
- Water regularly, though do not keep oversaturated or sitting in waterlogged potting mix.
- For a nice, large plant re-pot to a bigger pot every year and feed with a slow-release fertilizer throughout the growing season.
- Begonia Maculata makes a beautiful pot plant for a shaded spot outdoors or indoors.
- Can be planted in a tropical garden in a climate with no frost.
- Plants are sent semi-bare rooted (no pot, but we will keep some potting mix/coco coir on the roots to prevent it from drying out).
- The root system will be sufficiently developed.
- The plant is displayed in a 13 cm pot.
- The plant will be same/similar to the plant in the photo and will have a minimum of 3 leaves.
- Plants are sent on Mondays and Tuesdays, so they arrive before the weekend.
- Due to restrictions, we cannot post plants to WA, NT or TAS.
- All plants are for sale in Australia only.
- Click here for more information about shipping.
- Please choose your plant carefully as we do not provide refunds if you simply change your mind. Read our Refund Policy
- If you have any questions about Begonia Maculata or any of our other plants online, please do not hesitate to contact us.