Chamaedorea Elegans 'Parlor Palm'
- Chamaedorea Elegans aka the Parlor Palm is a popular indoor plant due to its resilience and ability to adapt to different light levels.
- The leaves are split and dark green in colour.
- In pots, the Parlor Palm usually grows to a maximum height of 2m.
- The growth indoors is usually fairly slow, though more light and upsizing the pot will speed things up.
Position & Care
- Chamaedorea Elegans will grow best in a bright but shaded position. It will, however, cope with lower light levels.
- Although, keeping the plant well watered (but not soggy) is recommended to avoid yellowing of the leaves, it is quite hardy and will survive if it's not watered regularly.
- Use slow-release fertilizer throughout the growing season.
- To help the plant grow well, re-pot every year or two.
- Parlor Palm is a superb plant for a beginner.
- Can be grown indoors or out in frost-free areas.
- Plants are sent semi-bare rooted (no pot, but we will keep some potting mix/coco coir on the roots to prevent it from drying out).
- The root system will be sufficiently developed.
- The plant is displayed in a 10 cm pot.
- The plant will be same/similar to the plant in the photo.
- Plants are sent on Mondays and Tuesdays, so they arrive before the weekend.
- Due to restrictions, we cannot post plants to WA, NT or TAS.
- All plants are for sale in Australia only.
- Click here for more information about shipping.
- Please choose your plant carefully as we do not provide refunds if you simply change your mind. Read our Refund Policy
- If you have any questions about Chamaedorea Elegans or any of our other plants online, please do not hesitate to contact us.