- Monstera Deliciosa aka The Fruit Salad Plant is one of the most popular indoor and shade garden plants.
- This plant is an Aroid (member of the Araceae family) and a climber that will eventually need support.
- It has dark green leaves. Older the leaf, darker the colour.
- As the plant ages, the leaves develop holes and split along the edges.
- Monstera Deliciosa can grow to about 20m in ideal conditions, in the wild. It can be trimmed down if grown indoors, but usually only reaches 2m in pots.
- Flowers appear in maturity and are self-pollinating, producing edible fruit.
Position & Care
- Monstera Deliciosa is a fantastic indoor plant that will forgive a little neglect, though beware that neglect may cause browning or yellowing.
- It can also be grown outdoors in the shade/ filtered light. A little morning sun will not hurt it.
- The best spot for this plant is close to a window which will see it grow well. The Monstera will also deal with deeper shade, but the growth may be a bit slower.
- To help it along, mist every few days (this is not essential)
- Water regularly, though do not keep oversaturated or sitting in waterlogged potting mix.
- For a nice, large plant, re-pot into a bigger pot every year and feed with a slow-release fertilizer throughout the growing season.
- Monstera Deliciosa is ideal for pots.
- It grows best if provided with some kind of support (totem/large stick/plant ladder).
- Can be planted in a tropical garden in a climate with no frost.
- Plants are sent semi-bare rooted (no pot, but we will keep some potting mix/coco coir/ sphagnum moss on the roots to prevent it from drying out).
- The root system will be sufficiently developed.
- The plant is displayed in a 10 cm pot.
- The plant will be same/similar to the plant in the photo and will be about 20cm.
- Plants are sent on Mondays and Tuesdays, so they arrive before the weekend.
- Due to restrictions, we cannot post plants to WA, NT or TAS.
- All plants are for sale in Australia only.
- Click here for more information about shipping.
- Please choose your plant carefully as we do not provide refunds if you simply change your mind. Read our Refund Policy
- If you have any questions about Monstera Deliciosa or any of our other plants online, please do not hesitate to contact us.