Orostachys Iwarenge 'Chinese Dunce Caps'
- Orostachys Iwarenge or Chinese Dunce Cap is a popular succulent with small rosettes and prolific spreading habit.
- It forms rosettes to about 5-6 cms with offsets appearing on long stems.
- The leaves are green-grey or blue-grey.
- Orostachys Iwarenge grows fast in the warm months but goes completely dormant in winter. Parts of the plant can die off in winter and the whole plant may appear dead before coming back to life in early spring.
Position and Care
- Variegated Chinese Dunce Caps grow best in filtered light.
- This plant might burn in the summer heatwaves (especially in the afternoon sun) and will benefit from protection. Place either in bright shade/filtered light/under 30% shade cloth.
- Plants established in the ground are very hardy and only need to be watered in extended periods of dry weather.
- Pot plants need to be watered more often although ensure the soil is dry before watering again.
- A beautiful plant that can be grown in shade gardens.
- Fantastic in pots and hanging baskets.
- Plants are sent bare rooted (without pot or soil).
- The root system will be sufficiently developed.
- The plant is displayed in a 10 cm pot.
- The plant will be small approximately 5 cm in diameter and same/similar to the plant in the photos 2-4, with a few offsets.
- Plants are sent on Mondays and Tuesdays, so they arrive before the weekend.
- Due to restrictions, we cannot post plants to WA, NT or TAS.
- All succulents are for sale in Australia only.
- Click here for more information about shipping.
- Please choose your plant carefully as we do not provide refunds if you simply change your mind. Read our Refund Policy
- If you have any questions about Orostachys Iwarenge 'Chinese Dunce Caps' or any of our other succulents online, please do not hesitate to contact us.