Philodendron Hastatum 'Silver Sword'
- Philodendron Hastatum is a popular indoor plant due to its beautiful foliage.
- The leaves are a glossy silver colour with a hint of blue or green.
- The Silver Sword has a trailing growth habit and can grow quite long if the pot is large enough.
- This plant is listed as toxic to humans and pets and should not be eaten.
Position & Care
- Philodendron Hastatum is a great indoor/ patio plant. Do not expose to hot, direct sun outdoors. A bit of morning sun and sun coming in through the window is ok.
- The Silver Sword can also be planted in a shaded part of the garden, in frost-free climates.
- A bright spot by the window is ideal, but it will cope with a deeper shade too, although this may slow the growth down.
- Water regularly, though do not keep oversaturated or sitting in waterlogged potting mix.
- For a nice, large plant re-pot to a bigger pot every year or two and feed with a slow-release fertilizer throughout the growing season.
- Philodendron Hastatum is great for pots.
- It can be trained up a totem or other supporting structures.
- Can be planted in a tropical garden in a climate with no frost.
- Plants are sent semi-bare rooted (no pot, but we will keep some potting mix/coco coir/sphagnum moss on the roots to prevent it from drying out).
- The root system will be sufficiently developed.
- The plant is displayed in a 10 cm pot.
- The plant will be same/similar to the plant in the photo.
- Plants are sent on Mondays and Tuesdays, so they arrive before the weekend.
- Due to restrictions, we cannot post plants to WA, NT or TAS.
- All plants are for sale in Australia only.
- Click here for more information about shipping.
- Please choose your plant carefully as we do not provide refunds if you simply change your mind. Read our Refund Policy
- If you have any questions about Philodendron Hastatum 'Silver Sword' or any of our other plants online, please do not hesitate to contact us.