Senecio Radicans 'String of Bananas'
- Senecio Radicans aka String of Beans aka String of Chillies is a very popular hanging basket succulent.
- The elongated, plump green leaves, resembling a banana, grow on long stems or ‘strings’.
- The individual strings can grow a few metres long.
- White flowers appear a few times during the year.
Position & Care
- Senecio Radicans prefers part shade to full shade.
- It is a very good indoor plant but needs reasonable light.
- Best results are achieved in free-drainig potting mix.
- In summer, water often. The soil should be dry before watering again.
- In winter, water once every 2-3 weeks.
- Senecio Radicans is a beautiful hanging basket plant.
- It can also be used as edging/border plant in shaded parts of the garden.
- A Beautiful addition to indoor/patio plant arrangements. Planted at the edge of the pot, it will spill over and grow down the side.
- Plants are sent bare rooted (without pot or soil).
- The root system will be sufficiently developed.
- The plant will have been growing in a 10 cm pot.
- The plant will have 2-3 strings that will be a minimum of 10 cm long. It will look similar to the plant in the pictures.
- Plants are sent on Mondays and Tuesdays, so they arrive before the weekend.
- Due to restrictions, we cannot post plants to WA, NT or TAS.
- Click here for more information about shipping.
- If you have any questions about Senecio Radicans 'String of Bananas', please do not hesitate to contact us.